View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 08:04 PM   #28
Prince Charon

Default Re: Wizard Staff Tacticool Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
Using screws might damage the staff, so unless you can get a qualified staff artificer to install the rails, I suggest using clamps instead. That's assuming this is an after-market addition - if installed during creation of the staff it should be okay as long as your current environment allows for staves with some metallic components. If not, you'll be to look at some organic substitute. Magic can be so annoyingly fickle.
In one of my vague setting ideas (possibly a Monster Hunters variant, but maybe not), it would be fine as long as the rail and screws were made of bronze or other non-ferrous metal, though it would be preferable if at least the holes for the screws were drilled before enchanting. Using iron would void the warranty (if you got one), as well as potentially damaging the enchantment if left in too long.

I wonder if adding a war-spirit to an already-enchanted staff would count as tacticool? Probably only if the spirit were inhabiting a separate fetish attached to the staff. Hmm.

War Fetish - A spiritual item containing a ghost or other warrior-spirit that grants the user bonuses to Tactics and/or other combat- or military-related skills that the spirit is especially competent at. Specific bonuses vary by spirit.

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is online now   Reply With Quote