View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 11:38 AM   #34
Rasputin

Default Re: GURPS DF / DFRPG Random Dungeon Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
We're using the rules for wandering monsters from the DFRPG.

I'm not sure I understand the suggestion. Can you show a worked example?
DF2 has suggestions for how often wandering monsters show up on a check. I'm talking about implementing that, and how often to have a check.

I'll give you how I do these. Copy/paste from my campaign wiki, with some editing:

"Wandering Monsters happen 6 or less on 3d every turn; 7 is clue if moving."

A "turn" to me means 10-minutes, a la the Red Box, which I designate as being the rough time it takes to pass through a room and be at least kinda searching. So instead of rolling 9 or less once an hour, I roll 6 or less six times an hour, or every room. Saves me from keeping track of raw time.

For keyed wandering monsters, you'd have to have the generator generate the dungeon and all the rooms first, then have the wandering monster picker pick from those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
There are no random hallway features from the original that I have omitted. The code base that drow released for free is not the modern version you can use on his website, it's a much older one. So that's all things I have to reinvent (which may or may not happen depending on my ability).

(EDIT: If you mean like traps and things in hallways, though, that is on the list yes)
That's what I meant. All the little lowercase letters telling me where there's a random cold spot in the hallway.

My GURPS blog.

Last edited by Rasputin; 06-28-2018 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Got rid of needless stuff
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote