View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #441
Johnny Mnemonic

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

Ugh, Munchkin. I'm with Owen: I really don't understand the wide appeal of the game to the mass market. But I have to be glad that it's supporting SJGames; without developing that game, I fear that Steve would be long gone, and have taken the development of the games I do want with him.

And honestly, as much as I love GURPS, it's theoretical at this point. I last bought books probably 5 years ago, and last played even longer ago than that.

Hooray for OGRE! And too bad it's probably going to lose money or best case break even. On balance, it doesn't do much to encourage my faith in that aspect of the industry.

I have to say, at least for my part, I am much more likely to play OGRE and Car Wars than either Munchkin or GURPS at this point. If Munchkin sales will fund OGRE and GURPS, and at least kickstart Car Wars, what can you say?

btw, as a participant in the CW forum, I agree with a point made above: honestly, a summer 2015 release is looking more likely than anything else. It shouldn't prove distracting to anyone other than Phil this year, although it might need more resources next year as design and playtest spins up.

And no one else has mentioned it, but it's truly remarkable that this company can provide for 28 employees, and actually be seeking more. That's almost an empire ;)
Johnny Mnemonic is offline   Reply With Quote