View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 02:05 AM   #12
JCD

Default Re: Shedim of Malphas are just... wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
A smart Shedim could just possess a parent, convince a child to stab his brother, and then leave. The parent would suffer from blackouts
And the child, totally at odds with everything that the parent ever taught him, wouldn't do it (Exactly how much talking would it take for YOU to have killed one of your siblings at the parent's say so?). He'd be torn. He'd go to his mother crying. He'd realize he came close to losing his brother if he listened to daddy.

Daddy would be in the dustbin, the relationship strongly broken with all three of his family members. Poof!

But the other three would cleave together even closer, huddling for warmth with each other. The brother knows he can trust his little brother, because he stood up to his father. Mother knows she can trust little Johnny to do the right thing. Both of the kids, insecure with the father, will be hurt and a bit mistrustful, but will grab at anything they believe they can trust (mom) with even greater passion.

So Faction gains one and loses three. IF he is looking at the long game.

There is no 'in game' reason for a Shedim to NOT be able to do such things (and I favor the alternate rules in the back of the GMG to allow humans some chance against getting constantly hit with Imbroglio...). Shedim are some of the worst thought out bands in the game, IMO, right behind Kyros (still don't understand them).

One Answer?

The Shedim Squad

A Seraph, a Elohim, a Mercurian and a Malakim walk into a bar (not the start of a joke) This area has seen a rash of difficulties lately.

The Elohim looks around at the various drunks and looks for HATE. He finds quite a few and makes a note to...

The Mercurian who looks around at these and sees who has close personal relationships with the people around. (This is predicated on the idea that with the Shedim in the driver seat, IT'S relationships will dominate) Someone with no close relationships in the bar or with a family leads to...

The Seraph asking the person what their name is. Anything less then "My name is X" (i.e. "I'm called" etc) will quickly lead to further questioning by...

The Malakim. Nuff said.

Shedim are sneaky...but even running to Hell isn't much of an option because they are ONLY big Celestial bags of wind. Very fragile. Pure Celestial damage. I wonder how much damage four Celestials could do in 3 rounds? How many forces could be skinned off of it?

YMMV

And the beautiful thing?

"In local news, a man was attacked and killed by four out of town ruffians. Police are looking for them."

The pack suddenly grabs hold of each other. Neighborhood watch meetings. Watching the kids more closely. Checking out the neighbors.

Makes a Faction want to gnash his teeth.

Last edited by JCD; 04-16-2012 at 02:15 AM.
JCD is offline   Reply With Quote