Thread: Redefining Role
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
Andygal

Default Re: Redefining Role

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
I think that we're actually saying the same thing, and I just found some of your phrasing a bit confusing in the original post. OTOH, I should point out that you'll still get false positives; Amazing Grace and the last three Presidents are the only things you've listed that I get, Although I could probably come up with a few names of Dwarves if pressed, and I've lived all of my 28 years in the U.S. Granted, I'm an unusual case, but I'm definitely not a Celestial. There is absolutely no chance of the whatsoever.
I think some of those references are from an older generation lol. That's why you have to tailor the probing to things somebody of the suspect's purported age (and sex) would probably have seen, or at least heard referenced.

Almost everybody that grew up during the mid/late 90's has probably watched Pokemon or played the Pokemon games at least once or twice, and even the ones that haven't have almost certainly heard of the Pokemon TV show and know about Ash and Pikachu at least in passing, or have played the Pokemon video games and know what they are about. It would be extremely unusual to find somebody in North America that grew up during that period that didn't know anything at all about Pokemon.

Or like Pogs, or Tamagotchi, or apparently (and this is before my time) pet rocks, or all those other things that were huge fads for a particular age group

Also, the cake being a lie, and The Game, which you just lost. Although the last one isn't quite as well known.

Last edited by Andygal; 07-22-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Andygal is offline   Reply With Quote