Thread: HEAL spell?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 10:32 PM   #37
larsdangly

Default Re: HEAL spell?

FWIW, I just checked my notes from my 'maximal' house ruled version of TFT (with all new talents, spells, jobs, etc. folded into the batter) and it included one proper 'heal' spell. It is IQ 14 and requires 5 pts of ST per point of damage healed. My notes didn't specify it having a limit.

I also have a couple of miraculous healing prayers priests can attempt, but they have different mechanics and trade offs from magic spells so it isn't easy to explain how they work without a long and pointless aside. The short version is that it isn't substantially better than just having a wizard who can cast the spell.

The funny thing is, I don't recall anyone in my group ever using healing much in play. Perhaps because is a big enough investment that you are giving up something significant when you cast a large heal spell. I'm sure there are players out there who had wizards with hundreds of points of ST batteries, but that never came up in a campaign I ran, so magicians tended to harbor their ST expenditures pretty strictly.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote