View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 03:08 PM   #9
Racer

Default Re: Shielding Earth/Moving Earth from Suns Red Giant phase.

Like 'Naval Central' in Eta Cassiopeia System , from the game Frontier: Elite II ?

It is the only system known (so far!) with habitable worlds in the Trojan points of a large planetary body, with all three bodies moving in exactly the same orbital path, separated by 60 degrees.

Both these worlds (Trojan and Feynman) have indigenous life and examination of their biological structure shows them to be based on the same DNA-like genetic mechanism as each other. Current theories suggest that particles spread along the orbital path following an asteroidal impact with Trojan, on which life was just emerging, and reached the atmosphere of Feynman relatively intact. Though there is evidence for a major glancing impact on Trojan in its early history (thought by some to have helped form its moon), this is highly contested by some scientists.The Federal Navy terraformed the only moon of the gas giant Between in the 2970s to give an ideal training ground for planetary assault troops, and now that the Naval Academy has been moved here, it is the foremost naval training centre. There are no surface settlements for civilian visitors, they must disembark at the orbital station "Morgue's Mortuary".

https://lotf.co.uk/fe2_gazetteer.html

I was thinking that 60° behind Jupiter would be best ? As Jupiter could shield or deflect most incoming objects in a similar orbital path .

Can I just thank people for posting , as I needed good brains to pick over this head scratcher ;-)