View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 02:39 PM   #28
CardDiceian

Default Re: How do you all handle mounted combat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekitsune13 View Post
The rules for mounted combat in TFT are very detailed, with a rider able to have a different facing than the mount, as well as being able to get dismounted. My problem is I play with miniatures, and they are all one piece and glued. Plus most mounted models don't have a dismounted version of them either. This would make it hard to act out the rules as written.
The original question was more about using miniatures and coping with the facing of the rider compared to the horse - and has drifted into general mounted combat rules.

I just had an idea for your figures issue that might work.

How about drilling a few holes in the base, which line up with the different facings and positions possible on both hexes of your mount - Then mark the facing of your rider with a small peg or map pin (or similar) - It wouldn't detract from the look of the model much, and would move along with the figure, rather than being a separate marker.

I may try to do this with one of my mounted figures over the weekend and photograph it to see if its viable.

Like others - I'm guilty of using horses only as a means of getting from one place to another.
CardDiceian is offline   Reply With Quote