View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 08:56 AM   #33
nick012000

Default Re: [OOC]Transhuman Space/Traveller Interstellar Wars: Transhuman Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknop View Post
In my character's case, I was going with "lots of education". Since IQ doesn't just represent raw mental capacity, but also your general knowledge and such, it's reasonable to have a high IQ if you have a lot of education and experience.

If you prefer, to better model this, I can lower both Per and Will back down to 13.
Well, there are Tennin models with +1 IQ like the Wu-Tsao from Changing Times and Tennin-2 from Deep Beyond; it'd be easy enough to say that your parents got you genetic intelligence augmentation when they had you (assuming you're not a member of one of those two groups). You might have even been a Tennin-3 with an unusually high HT to begin with to compensate for the racial -1 HT; the only change you'd have to make would be picking up Reproductive Control [1] as part of your template and making your age 15 or less, as it was introduced in 2085- not too difficult considering how Duncanites do childrearing, unless you're imagining someone older as part of your character concept.

Last edited by nick012000; 08-30-2009 at 09:00 AM.
nick012000 is offline   Reply With Quote