View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 11:15 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Question about Illusion, Time-Wrap and Munckin rules in general

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPapillon View Post
-> We played a game where someone used "Illusion" to try to swap away a huge monster for a weak one. Someone else played the card "Time-Wrap" (from Space Munchkin) to cancel Illusion, and henceforth started a big discussion whether that move was allowed or not. It was all around the argument that tries to define Illusion as a "Trap" (which we believe are the same as Curses in Space Munchkin ?), or as a "usable once only".

From what I found on the forum, Illusion is not to be considered a Curse, that's fine by me.

But is it considered as something "usable once only" ? I know some types of cards explicitly state "usable once only", but you could interpret the "Time-Wrap" description as targeting any card that is usable once only ? or not ?
Time Warp specifically acts on Traps (which includes Curses and also Disasters [from Apocalypse]) and one-shot Items. Items are cards with Gold Piece values, and one-shots are the ones that specifically say "Usable once only." Illusion isn't an Item or a Curse/Trap, so it's not a valid target of Time Warp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPapillon View Post
Is there a strict definition of what cards are what types somewhere ? (is this card a Curse ? is this card an Item ? is this card a Potion ? Does this card have no type at all ? and so on ...).
We don't intentionally obfuscation card times -- in general, the rules for card types are meant to be pretty broad and clearly stated, so if you are asking whether a card has a certain type, check it against the rules for that type of card. If it doesn't match, the answer's no.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote