View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 12:33 PM   #7
Bruno

Default Re: GURPS DF / DFRPG Random Dungeon Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Mapmaker View Post
This is absolutely amazing! I've mainly used random generators as a novelty toy so far, but I might even consider using this for a GM-less play. You could easily rotate GM duty by room if you want to preserve the challenge and have one party member be the designated torch bearer.
Random generators have been used for solo or GM-less play since the earliest incarnations of the idea. I think the first ones were explicitly for solo play but I won't swear to it. Regardless, since we're trying to make it as "complete" as possible, we definitely aim to support this kind of play to our utmost. The dungeon you make will make about as much sense as Buffalo Castle :)

Quote:
CER might not be perfect, but neither are all the other balancing systems devised for games.
And when you're asking a computer to do things, "eyeball it" is terrible instructions :)

Quote:
The only suggestion I have is to add metric room descriptions as an option. 90 x 90 feet is still not intuitive for us Europeans, especially when we don't play that other game (tm) and are thankful for GURPS' affinity to yards.
As a Canadian, I sympathize. I'll look into it; it's all in Yards internally, so following the SJG standard of 1 yard = 1 meter is doable.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote