View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 02:02 AM   #42
Phantasm

Default Re: [Star Trek like] number of planets and sapients

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximara View Post
This is why I low-ball Star Trek Original Series to TL9^ - once you throw out the superscience that is more or less where the tech you are left with is at. Cranking Star Trek up to TL11^ is, IMNSHO, just being lazy...or not being that knowledgable about the material in the TOS show.
I'd probably go with Enterprise at TL9^, ST:TOS/TAS as TL 10^, and TNG onward at TL11^. The idea here is assuming a full TL difference between TOS and TNG, and between ENT and the TOS/TAS era.

It's possible, however, that Enterprise is at TL8^, which puts TOS/TAS at 9^ and TNG onward at TL10^; I don't recall what form the energy weapons in Enterprise took, or if they were Human or Vulcan tech to begin with. The key, of course, is the ^; warp drive, artificial gravity, and contragravity are the main superscience advancements available in Enterprise, along with the electro-plasma conduits (the main reason consoles explode!), and then a healthy dose of more refined TL10^ Vulcan, Andorian, and Tellarite technology at the formation of the Federation to bring the Humans up to speed.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote