View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 07:06 PM   #3
gusty737

Default Re: In Nomine Cosmology (Multiple Planes of Creation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Tell us about them. What's the difference between Heaven and Paradise, and their inhabitants? Likewise for Hell, Sheol, and Gehenna? What do you want these new planes of existence to achieve in the game?
I'm trying to base things under old testament afterlife cosmology. I'm trying to use the different realms to act as the basis of a mortals games that is more focused on ghosts then the undead or necromancy/sorcery.
1. Paradise is the realm of the righteous dead that have not gone to heaven (I.e. meet their destiny). I'm thinking of making it an afterlife for pagan dead whose faiths don't include reincarnation.
2. Sheol is the realm of the dead awaiting resurrection. I'm thinking of making this the "standard" realm for ghosts in the afterlife.
3. Gehenna is a realm where the dead are burned for there "sins". It's supposed to be inspired by the dumpsite where the Israelites burned there waste during the seige of Jerusalem and the folklore says that it was eventually split into hell (which is meant to be a less cruel version of Gehenna) and purgatory (which is realm meant to purify souls so the can depart Gehenna and enter Paradise)
gusty737 is offline   Reply With Quote