View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #48
Refplace

Default Re: GURPS Thaumatology: Ritual Path Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
Well . . .[LIST][*]GURPS Action has just three releases to four for GURPS Monster Hunters and 17 (and counting) for GURPS Dungeon Fantasy. That can't be right.
Yeah it seems pretty complete but I can think of a couple of ideas to expand it.
Have one in rough note form even. Too early to call it an actual draft or even an outline. Just some ideas.

Quote:
[*]GURPS Magic has had . . . um, one follow-on (Plant Spells), even though there are 23 other colleges. Surely someone likes the ol' spell-magic system enough that it deserves some love?
I have some ideas, mostly Illusion and Earth, oh an Animal.
However it is less interesting to write.

Quote:
[*]GURPS Supers has no follow-ons. Whaaa . . . ? Just the FAQs on these forums suggest stuff like GURPS Supers: Speedsters and GURPS Supers: The Ultimate Brick.
Supers and Powers have lots of potential but here is the thing.
For these kinds of works only established authors are accepted.
I submitted a proposal for Powers: Shamanism 5 or 6 years ago, maybe longer it was shortly after Psionic Powers came out. This was even an item on the wish list.
Steven liked the idea but said lines like Powers were too intense and only established GURPS authors need apply.
I understand the position, I really do but it does limit the options and thus no proposals is not the same as no interest.
Even the recommendation to use Pyramid and Playtests to get your start is of limited benefit as the queue is so high and it takes a long time for most of us to wend our way through If we even can.
I have had two proposals accepted and submitted and never heard back after submitting a draft other then we will look at it sometime.

So people like me post less detailed versions of our ideas on the forums.
As for the established authors it seems they have their own pet projects which they have more interest in then writing sequels.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote