View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #44
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Default Re: GURPS Thaumatology: Ritual Path Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
  • GURPS Bio-Tech has never received an expansion. Surely there are ultra-short and short items possible on specific new technologies, quick-and-cinematic gengineering rules, Powers crossovers for bio-powers, etc.?
Have you seen the amount of protests almost any mentions of BIO result in on the other subforum? Sometimes I feel like pointing at anything biotechy brings down accusations of TL^dom. I love BIO, but I'm really not sure what can be added to it that won't cause more booing. If a serious new BIO add-on comes up, I'm likely to snatch it immediately or the next day (less so if it's a cinematic/supersciency one).

Quote:
  • GURPS Magic has had . . . um, one follow-on (Plant Spells), even though there are 23 other colleges. Surely someone likes the ol' spell-magic system enough that it deserves some love?
Quote:
  • GURPS Thaumatology: Magical Styles is itself a spinoff, but where are the worked examples of styles? (Again, full disclosure requires me to note that I have one in the publication queue.)
Can't comment on this one - I'm a THM fan.

Quote:
  • GURPS Mass Combat still hasn't received a single proposal for worked force rosters, or expanded lists of element types, or an element-design system. Huh, I expected all of those about a week after it came out.
Again, MC seems too controversial (judging by the forum) to be a safe bet.

Quote:
  • GURPS Social Engineering seems terribly lonely for such a social supplement. (Full disclosure requires me to note that I have one in the publication queue.)
And the SE Pyramid was awesome. This one I love too, and maybe it's a matter of the bar being set too high. (E.g. my GM and I have a semi-playable house rule extension for Manipulation rules, but I doubt it's even Pyramid-worthy.)

Quote:
  • GURPS Supers has no follow-ons. Whaaa . . . ? Just the FAQs on these forums suggest stuff like GURPS Supers: Speedsters and GURPS Supers: The Ultimate Brick.
Yeah, that would be nice. Not for me (I don't do Supers, even though I occasionally dive into Powers. Unless I end up running GURPS Exalted-with-serial-numbers-filed-off), but it sure seems like a nice idea in general.