View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 12:33 PM   #6
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Elven Melee Weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0matose View Post

So a fine elven large knife would come to $40 x19?
Knives are formally sword-class weapons in GURPS (see pp. B208-209), so fine is +3 CF, not +9 CF. With elven blade (+9 CF), total CF is +12, not +18, and the resulting multiplier is ×13, not ×19.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0matose View Post

If I have the perk for cheaper gear (Knives, 40%) and Elven Gear perk from DF3 (10%) can i get that $760 knife for 50% off?
Not quite. A few points:
  • Dungeon Fantasy doesn't use full-fledged GURPS, but only the subset of rules found in the Basic Set, Dungeon Fantasy supplements, and Magic. The canonical specialties of Cheaper Gear it allows are the specially named ones: Dwarven Gear, Elven Gear, Pixie Shot, etc.

• Cheaper Gear (Knives) would give 30% off, not 40% off. Knives are a "small subcategory," like sniper rifles. Elven knives would qualify as a "specific class" for a total of 40% off, though.

• Since only one Cheaper Gear perk ever applies at a time, the discount would be 10% if using canonical Elven Gear (again, this is a version of Cheaper Gear), 30% for Cheaper Gear (Knives), or 40% for Cheaper Gear (Elven Knives). You couldn't stack the effects of these perks in any way.
Subject to those conditions, you could get from 10% to 40% off the final cost, sure, because the item would be an elven knife. The most likely price would be $40 × 13 = $520 for a fine, elven large knife, -10% for Elven Gear, for a net $468. Deeper discounts would depend on the GM permitting generalized Cheaper Gear in a Dungeon Fantasy campaign.
Kromm is online now   Reply With Quote