View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 09:35 AM   #40
Rasputin

Default Re: The 2019 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Interesting, I didnt think of either of those but between the two I would say Middle Ages since Kromm wrote the Template book.
Lets see what others guess.
Sticking to something in Fourth Edition I see..
Aliens
Crusades
Disasters already has a second item in queu
DF Settings: Caverntown could have another DF setting, same with Fantasy Encounters
Encounters: Harrowed Hearts Club
How to be a GURPS GM had fan talk about a How to be a GURPS Player
Mysteries, I dont see it but a member of one of my gaming groups mentioned it. Same with Supers.
Supporting Cast
Template Toolkit 1: Characters as you suggested, its just would they contract it out rather than have Kromm do it?

Of these I think Aliens or DF Settings seem the most likely to me. Heck Douglas Cole is almost there already.
Dungeon Fantasy Settings is no way, since it has been stuck at 1 for a few months. Same with Dungeon Fantasy Encounters. “Long time” can mean many things, but “came out in the last year” doesn’t qualify in this business. These things have to be clear series, which takes out How to Be a GURPS GM, Supers, and Crusades (how does *that* become a series?). The original Supporting Cast has been out of print for about 20 years; I didn’t think it sold well. (I wasn’t impressed at the time, but now I want a copy at the GURPS Classic prices.) Aliens, however, does qualify, as having a book for Sparrials indicates a line, and that came out in 2015.

I had the same thought about Template Toolkit, as you’re stuck with someone with a very high level of system mastery, which is pretty much Kromm, Pulver, and Levine.

So Aliens is the most likely candidate. Template Toolkit can be it if the freelancer is Pulver or PK, Middle Ages if it grabbed a historian.

My GURPS blog.