View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 05:14 PM   #106
TippetsTX

Default Re: New use for XP - Heroic Exploits

Something Skarg mentioned got me thinking about a slightly different structure for Powers and the revised XP costs I presented above fit into the idea as well.

Each portfolio still has 5 Powers and 5 is still the max any character can acquire, but instead of 5 separate tiers there are only 3. This would mean the first two Powers are both tier 1, the next two are tier 2 and the final Power is tier 3. So what's the point? A bit more flexibility for one.

For example, the Channeling portfolio would be reorganized so that Bestow Grace and Smite are both considered tier 1 Powers. That way a hero character who is more interested in offensive capabilities could select Smite w/o needing to acquire Bestow Grace first.

I still have to give some thought to a few questions this change would create, like does the character need to acquire all four tier 1 and 2 Powers in order to unlock the pinnacle tier 3 Power or is one from each lower tier sufficient (I'm leaning towards the first option)?