View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 11:56 AM   #6
Varyon

Default Re: traveling to the world of elder scrolls games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
That's why bandits dumb enough to try to mug the guy who just killed a dragon and ate its soul never use any spells, and rarely have an enchanted weapon. It's also why even small-town traders carry spell books for simple healing and light spells.
Well, except for the bandits who are called "Hedge Mage" and similar, and actually do use spells whilst trying to mug you. Also, while I didn't play as much Skyrim, in Oblivion the bulk of my character's magic gear - his armor - was "liberated" from various bandits (I didn't feel like learning enough Illusion magic to be able to put Chameleon on my own gear). As for traders, well, so long as there's a decent number of people who can use magic, selling spell books can be worthwhile.

All I'm saying is, there's no guarantee that Joe Guy from Centrum can hop over to the TES timeline and enchant up some gear. In fact, with the amount of time that would probably be necessary to learn appropriate spells/enchantments/etc, you might be better off just showing up and buying/stealing whatever good magic items you can get your hands on.
Varyon is online now   Reply With Quote