View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 02:35 AM   #7
Wavefunction

Default Re: GURPS: Remnant: Fan-made rules for adventuring in the world of RWBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWyrmGold View Post
I don't think they actually take damage. I'd have to check the exact effects of blunt trauma, but I'm pretty sure that the damage actually causes harm. Broken bones, internal (sometimes external) bleeding, the like. I've never seen any evidence that RWBY characters have been injured by the blows they've taken.
Hmmm... Perhaps, though I'm not sure. For simplicity I'd probably just say it doesn't cause harm, so that you can use Vitality Reserve as written.

Quote:
I'd just let the players buy ST as an Aura-based Advantage. I'll edit that into the posts.
I'm not convinced it drains RWBY's Aura to wield that giant scythe (we calculated it probably has about Min ST 18, RWBY is probably at most ST 8 without Aura). There's an argument that that could merely be a feature of weaponry acting as Aura conduits however.

Quote:
Whoa, I'm getting there. Johnson's Rome wasn't written in a day.
Heh, true. Just thought I'd write what I know, and you might be able to make use of it.

Quote:
I hadn't gotten too specific with Dust. I figured that the simplest way would be to simply let characters have specific Dust-based attacks.
That's why I like Sorcery for it, those Dust-based attacks would just be built as Alternative Abilities to the core power. They would be the signature moves, but you'd still have a degree of flexibility when necessary.
Wavefunction is offline   Reply With Quote