View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 10:35 AM   #7
Skarg

Default Re: Scryproofing: $65

Yes, an amulet like that seems very appropriate.

I think there should be a spell too, just if it's going to be a new use of Conceal, I think it should be spelled out a bit more rather than assuming Conceal can do that, because the RAW description doesn't look like it. Likely a different spell (or not). Maybe not have it be a trivial-cost indefinitely-lasting thing... unless the GM wants it to be that easy to jam scrying... though maybe they do. If it is that easy, it really does seem like it would tend to be a common thing to do, especially for people who might tend to have enemies.

Actually the more I think about easy scrying protection, the more I like it. I think there has always been an unfortunate amount of vulnerability of castles and palaces and nobility and other powerful people to various TFT magic, and having routine ways to block and/or add 5 dice to the difficulty of scrying, crystal balls, astral projection, long-distance teleportation and demon attacks would probably be very desirable both for princes, for GMs, and for notorious adventurers not wanting to be easily hunted down.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote