View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 09:23 AM   #80
PK

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyd
Well its worth a shot. But my personal experience is you are more likely to lose access to those than to lose your downloaded copies. I don't believe I've ever lost anything more significant than old e-mail to disk failure (perhaps I back up more often than some people?), but as far as I recall I've had to open new accounts at places like this because of interface migrations, or e-mail address changes followed by loss of password cookies or something on three different occasions (once each at Baen, Amazon and SJG), and had to go through several rounds of e-mail exchanges to recover yet another (for the CSD).
Your account is not tied directly to your email.

If you can remember your login name and your password (and note that, if you're a Pyramid or JTAS subscriber, your e23 login/password is automatically the same as your Pyramid/JTAS one), you can login and redownload your files, even if you've forgotten or lost all access to the email address you signed up with.

To be honest, it seems like you're making assumptions about how e23 works rather than looking into how it actually works.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote