View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 12:36 PM   #12
platimus

Default Re: Cardboard Heroes Bundle

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bofinger View Post
When people say Lego miniatures they're talking about miniatures that can have their weapons, limbs, heads etc. changed? Because that allows rapid customisation, which seems a nice fit with TFT's rapid character generation.
In my previous post and the pics and posts it referred to, "lego miniatures" refers to these little guys:
https://www.lego.com/en-us/themes/minifigures/products

And, yes, the ability to quickly and easily customize them and pose them in various ways makes them extremely well-suited for table-top gaming.

I sometimes wonder why Lego doesn't actively pursue this market. I know there have been a few D&D lego sets but not enough that you can go to any store that sells Legos and find them. In my local Dollar General and Fred's stores, they usually have some off-brand figures and medieval knight sets that are $5 to $15 dollars. The knight sets only come with 2 or 3 figures, a horse, and some terrain/wall/catapult blocks. The "Space Heroes", "City Heroes", etc. come with 6 figures each for $5!

If I were a gaming company wanting to release my own line of minis, I'd go the lego route. I actually can't believe something like this hasn't happened already.
platimus is offline   Reply With Quote