View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 05:15 AM   #3
NineDaysDead
Banned

Default Re: Alternative attributes, Supers and other stuff

Firstly if you don't already have it, get Alternate Attributes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfi View Post
So I was thinking how attributes could be used in a 400+ or even 1600+ supers campaign. I am mostly talking about strength, how would you price strength?
I would guess 5 points is the minimum since there are ways to make it dealing damage more effective like power blow and claws and stuff and at this point it becomes better than innate attack. No?
Would you allow super strength and damage reduction? Since we have cheaper striking/lifting strength and hp I could see these getting out of hand.
I'd use "Knowing Your Own Strength" from Pyramid 83

This means lift increases 10-fold every +10 to ST. So ST 30 has a Extra-Heavy Encumbrance of 10 tons and ST 40 has a Extra-Heavy Encumbrance of 100 tons, ST 50, 1,000 tons etc.

Looking at Alternate Attributes I'd set the cost of ST at between 5 to 2 points per level.

Quote:
What's your opinion about other suggestions like more expensive fatigue and basic speed, cheaper independent move and stun points especially when combined with the rules in GURPS supers.
Alternate Attributes discusses this. The cost change depends on what rules you are going to use.

Quote:
In general what do you think should be good limits to power talents and godlike extra effort?
What type of game are you going for? Cosmic or Street level?
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote