View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 03:06 PM   #12
43Supporter

Default Re: Starting to Play Car Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenmp View Post
What aspects of the game are difficult for you?
-- Jumping/Falling: Badly overcomplicated, which drives players away, and causes even experienced players to avoid arenas with jumps. [Yes, I have a solution for that. :) ]

-- Fire/Explosion: Too many die-rolls required. [Yes, I have a solution for that, as well. :) ]

-- Calculating To-Hit: It's always been a bit annoying to me that the *lower* a base T-H is, the better it is.

Quote:
What types of games do like to play most often (arenas, highway duels, mini-scenarios, adventures, multi-session campaigns, etc.)?
I try to do a bit of everything; as much as I like steak, I don't eat it every day.... :)

The problem arises with anything multi-session; trying to get all the players involved to show up can be a scheduling nightmare.

Quote:
What types of play-aids do you need to understand the game better and make it easier to play?
Ah, yes -- this. I write stuff down; for ex., when drawing up the damage sheet for a car, next to each weapon is data like "to-hit number", "damage", and such (with any bonuses). That way, it's right there where the player can find it quickly, as opposed to silly-walking through the manual.

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote