View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 09:55 PM   #56
Icelander

Default Interlude

The first session did not actually end there, our heroes got to Nasiryah and had a range of adventures there. I will endeavour to finish writing up the recap over the holiday season.

The second session is now coming up and the PCs have already stirred up potential trouble by placing a bug in the Governor's office* and then following some IP officers who appeared, in turn, to be following the PCs, to the headquarters of the local ISCI faction, a Shi'a political party with strong ties to Iran.

Now I just need to nail down all the widely diverging plot ideas and conflicting schemes I have come up with for various nefarious foes and turn them into something gamable.

An important part of that will be coming up with some 40-50 NPCs that are prepared to use armed force on the behalf of a secular-if-mystical organisation that promises them wealth and power; not to mention statting and arming these people.

Does anyone have ideas for Iraqi NPCs who have been pulled into the orbit of a sorcerous secret society and are prepared to shoot it out with police and commandos in the service of a nefarious agenda?

How does someone go from belonging, perhaps, to an ostensibly religiously-motivated militia to becoming a recruit to a group which violates pretty much every major tenet of every major religion?

*And it is very much beginning to look as if the Governor is aware that they have done so.