View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 09:10 AM   #14
whswhs

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#40): Discriminatory Senses, Sensitive Touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
This is going to be one of those crazy threads where I completely agree with you (which is quite the relief). Do you have any thoughts on what Disadvantages could be taken to emulate "non-discriminatory vision", whether for humans or non-humans?
I made a new one up for Enhanced Senses: A new form of Bad Sight called Low Resolution. It gives -4 to spot objects at any range, and -8 to see fine details. It's really not a perfect representation—it's about right for an average mammal, but it seriously understates how poorly insects see. (An average mammal has around 20/200 vision, or 6/60 in European terms, which is about one-tenth human, and a factor of 10 is -6. Dragonflies, the insects with the best eyes, I think, are probably down around -10. Maybe something could be done with Detect to emulate typical invertebrate vision.)

Quote:
Just checking, so there is a "Discriminatory Touch" Advantage? What supplement does it appear in? How does it compare with "Sensitive Touch"?
I haven't seen one in the books I looked at doing Enhanced Senses. As far as I can tell, "Sensitive Touch" is the GURPS equivalent.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote