View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Giving away cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingmullet View Post
Hi, I'm brand new to the game, and I was wondering if I could have help with some fairly simple questions.

The game instructions say that you can give away cards; does this mean that any item you have "in play" can be given to someone at anytime who wants it? (not counting combat). I know this would be a rare thing, but just for the sake of understanding the rules...
The rules say you can give away in-play Items in trade (not any card, just Items.) Items are the cards with a value in Gold Pieces (including the text No Value.) These are the only types of cards you can just give to other players, and they must also agree to take those in-play Items from you. The Items remain in play in front of the other layer when you do so.

The rules also mention giving any types of cards from your hand to the lowest-Level player/s during Charity. You can only do this when you have more cards than your hand limit at the end of your turn and you can only give them to the lowest-Level player or players (discarding them instead if you have the lowest Level or are tied for it.) The cards go into the other players hand in this case and any type of card counts here. You can't give cards to any other players and can't give more than you need to reach your hand limit, so this action is very restricted.

Quote:
Also, I know that it says if you have a BIG item that you can't get rid of (presumably it's not your turn and you lose your ability to carry two of them) the instructions say you can give it to the lowest leveled player that can carry it. My question is, does this person have to accept it and put it in play?
Yes. It remains in play (as it was already in play) and stays in front of the other player. They must accept the card in this case.