View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #17
Stripe

Default Re: [DF] One shot- Crevan Brokenhands Last Rest

^Didn't want to say anything since I mentioned it before, but I agree that Crevan's certainly too easy. As has been determined in these forums, solo bosses need lots of two things: DR and HP. I'd say he needs at least DR 17 (same as a golem-armor swordsman).

I can't imagine healing 1 HP per round really having much of a noticeable effect on the outcome of the battle at all, either.

Regeneration isn't in "Brokenhand's" lore, either. Twice now you've mentioned that he gets hurt but keeps going on no matter what. It's where he gets his name and why he died, too.

With his lore in mind, I'd say just give him a crap ton of HP and Unkillable 2 or 3 (Achilles' Heel: Weapon X) since he already has the suite of undead pain and injury resistances.

To me, though, he sounds exactly like a berserker. If that's the case, he needs a tremendous amount of HP. However, deciding just how much HP he needs would be easy. How many rounds do you want him to survive? Take all the damage-per-round capability of all the PC's and multiply it by how many turns you want him to take! XD
if I can't say 'I'm chaotic evil!'"? —Jeff Freeman
Stripe is offline   Reply With Quote