View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 01:04 PM   #45
Garion

Location: Northern (and I mean Northern, not freakin' Albany!) New york
Default Re: GURPS Community Campaign & Adventure Repository

I ran a GURPS game that lasted...well about 10 years. The night I ran the 'final' session I brought out one of the characters from the first session and it's creation date was 10 years to the day.

Anyway, the campaign was very high fantasy - the PCs dealt with earth/universe shattering level stuff. It started with just a single player for a few sessions and then semi-regular games with 5 or 6 players on average.

The beginning sessions involved the main PC taking a snatch and grab job that led him down a path of 'great destiny'. He was hired to steal a gem, but an agent of the evil god was there before him. He was nearly killed but the demon-thing stopped just shy of disemboweling him. He then became entangled in the quest by an elvish princess to retrieve the gem and take it to kill the god who had it stolen.

I won't go into the details of each following quest, but here a summary of what I can remember (hey it was 10 years long and that was 6 years ago).

- Kill the evil god
- Prevent the 'resurrection' of the evil god
- Take on the 'King of Hell' who was summoned via the PCs own life forces, making him invincible as long as they lived.
- Stop an evil mage from traveling back in time to become the evil god
- Find the pieces of the 'Rainments of Power' which will allow the creation of a new hopefully not evil god.
- Collect all 7 of the 'Shards of the Gods' to help the gods fight against the 'Darkness'
- A new set of characters, years later, become embroiled in a convoluted plot by a mage, driven mad by grief to resurrect his long dead wife in a world in which resurrection should not be possible. Turns out that is a very bad idea as the land of the dead/dreamworld is where gods have imprisoned the 'Darkness'
- Find the 5 daggers of Damnation and dicover the existence of 3 more (one for each character playing at the time...what was I thinking running 8 PCs!?). Perform a ritual at the Tree of Life to make them the daggers of Salvation. Have final battle with Big Bad

Some of the more 'unique' characters...

Father Nicholas - Effectively Santa Claus

Axe/Andrea - A Lady Hawk like curse to keep two lover seperated for eternity. Split personality...sorta.

???? - A shapeshifter kleptomaniac.