View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 08:52 AM   #3
DaltonS

Default Re: [IW] Updating "Georgia Bush" to G4e

I've thought about that, but the Sheldrake Section of Paralabs is pretty sure that Homeline is no-mana. I'm not so certain about that; the Time Travel Adventure that started it all ("Soulburner") stated at the end that the Albuquerque area (at least) was low mana. I know this was probably to allow the newly undead Agent Marie Kingfisher to return home (at least for her debriefing), but an argument can be made that if the oz-particles connected to parachronic currents and banestorms by para-physics in IW are the same ones connected to mana transfer by Merlin mana-physics, then the activity of parachronic projectors on Homeline might "leak" enough of them to raise the local mana level to "low". (Perhaps the Sheldrake para-physicists conduct their mana-detection experiments away from projector stages to minimize interference, not realizing this "interference" is exactly what they are looking for. ;)) The range of the effect would have to be short but usable; say a half-mile radius for a standard 2 ton projector up to slightly less than 2 miles for a 30-ton stage (I'm thinking inverse square law here) varying a bit depending on traffic.

Dalton "who wonders of Cabal infiltrators would discover this effect" Spence
DaltonS is offline   Reply With Quote