View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 08:45 PM   #1
Michael Thayne

Default [OOC] Astroduel Tournament

I'm going to try a probably-one-off scenario using the Astroduel setting from Pyramid #3/111. The premise is simple: a free-for-all, last-ship-standing tournament.

Characters should be built on 100 points, with up to -50 points in disadvantages (where "disadvantage" means "any negative point value trait, except quirks") plus five quirks. Characters shouldn't have any cybernetics or bio-tech (most possible instances of which won't matter in this game). Characters should have at least Very Wealthy wealth, so they can afford their own ship, and should take any additional crew they need for their ships as Allies with Constantly as the frequency of appearance. Use of cost-saving tricks like 5-point talents is strongly encouraged.

For those who don't have the relevant Pyramid article: campaign is TL9. Spaceships should be SM+4 to SM+6, and omit superscience (superscience star-gates exist in the setting, but don't require the ships that use them to have any superscience devices of their own). Missiles cost 1/5 the normal price, but have nerfed damage (roughly cut in half). Habitats are unnecessary, because stargates allow for sufficiently fast interplanetary travel. Nuclear thermal rockets are the most common propulsion system, but the only hard and fast rule is that ships need some propulsion system other than space sails.

I'll probably use standard combat rules with 1-minute rounds, but might use tactical combat rules if someone can point me to a good online tool for handling hex combat maps.
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote