View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 02:35 AM   #49
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Kane stands and smiles with delight at the unexpected arrival, but the question sobers him a little.

"He didn't have it, sir," he says, leaning his guitar gently against a rock, where it'll be out of the way. "The last he knew it had been grabbed by some demon; didn't sound like he knew who or where it was ... or even if the hellboy still had it." From the look in Kane's eyes and the slight flex of his knuckles, there's no doubt that if Ryuki did have that information, Kane would be presenting the Hammer wrapped in a demon-skin.

"There's somethin' else, sir, that both of you ought to know. It sounds like this Ree-uki is ready to take the plunge and join up ... but he's waitin' on his Dad's OK and his uncle's. Thing is, callin' his uncle ain't as easy as dialin' long distance...." He begins to explain the circumstances of the uncle's death, including the family's intent to attempt to commune with him at its shrine.

His eyes narrow. "Also, sir, that sister of Ree-uki's needs to be watched. She ain't in Balseraph territory, but I'd trust her about as far as I could throw the Halls. There's this medium she wanted to involve, who sounds like at least page 3 bad news...." He shares the few details he had about him from the conversation.

(I'm being deliberately vague on the recaps, since I don't have the transcripts yet. I figure Kane has a better memory than I do. <g>)
"Eh," Eli says with a grunt. He doesn't usually travel in such a large vessel, or up such mountains. Being de facto on the run made things like that awkward. "Don't worry so much about the hammer. It wasn't about getting it so much as to see whether he knew where it was and whether he'd be honest with you about that. Any sense of whether he was telling the truth? Could you get any sense of that?"

((Eli's resonating you, Mercurian style, wants to know your relationship with Ryuki at this point. I'll trust you to randomize and shoot back the results to me, under cut please or in PM.))

"Sounds like he's got an interesting family," Eli scratches the strategic stubble that passes for a beard in this vessel. " Dead uncle, bratty sister...I wonder if the uncle's really around or what he'll do if he isn't and is just watching for signs? Divination...nasty business. Might as well roll dice and shut your brain off when you get the results. Now this medium..." he rummages through a backpack and tosses an Enquirer onto your lap. "Not page three, more like the ads in the back. Though I warn you, guy like you it'd be like wading through paper mud."

((A sampling of what he would find, minus the pictures. Link.

ladyarcana--I'll post after I've had dinner. ))