View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 01:32 PM   #157
Varyon

Default Re: [RPM] Post your rituals here

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneofmanynameless View Post
I've been making a Necromancer sort and have been struggling with the most basic of necromantic prowes: Summoning or creating new undead. Mostly... is it really just:

Greater Create Undead
+Duration; +Subject weight

I guess you'd need a Greater Control Undead in there if you want it to be your servant... or a Lesser Control Undead for minor non-sapient ghostly type undead.

Is there such a thing as a Lesser Create Undead?

Is there any varience for creating Mummy or Master Vampire vs. creating a Zombie or a Howler (under Phantasm, Horror p.79)? Do you need to add Altered Trait (for granting self the ally advantage or granting an enemy the enemy disadvantage?) Are the rules for stacking spells going to come up?
For creating minions, you'll want to add Ghostdancer's "Summoned" spell modifier (find it here). Control shouldn't be necessary to order a minion you've created around, although you can use it to turn uncontrolled undead, or those of your enemies, into minions. Personally, I think of the difference between Lesser and Greater Create Undead as being that if you are reanimating a dead body into a more-or-less mindless undead, Lesser is sufficient. If you need to create your minion out of thin air, that's a single Greater Create Undead to make the body, and possibly a Lesser or another Greater Create Undead to animate it.
Varyon is online now   Reply With Quote