View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 06:22 PM   #9
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: Questionable Power Builds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
My thought was that the "Typical" Use of possession is the assumption of bodies, identities, and memories. That's primarily beneficial, especially from the character's point of view: using it to kill someone is usually a waste of points. Assuming someone's body or identity for 30 seconds is of limited utility outside of a fight, while the ability to do it for days at a time is a classic and terrifying horror theme.

The Base advantage actually kills you if you let your host die, so using it to acquire pawns in the midst of combat is a somewhat niche use.

Of course, I just realized that possession requires touch, which means that upgrading it to typical mind-control ranges costs a TON of points.

Anyone have any idea how to make taking control of an enemy soldier for a few seconds cost around [50] points and not give them a chance to break free every single round? (though I suppose I could just embrace the constant rolls to break free and assume the mind controller will have skill advantage most of the time, and that I only wanted a few seconds of control anyways)
...Doesn't "Beneficial" mean beneficial to the target? There isn't a tag for Advantages that are beneficial for the user because if it wasn't beneficial it would be a Disadvantage.

Being possessed is not beneficial even in the case where it's not being used as short-term tactical move.