View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 11:05 AM   #9
The_Ryujin

Default Re: GURPS 3e & 4e Metal Gear Solid

@RedDragon: Ah, yeah that makes it a lot easier to read. Just try to keep that in mind for future posts heh, the easier you make it for us the better we can help ya.

Speaking of the MTHEL-FE, now that I've gotten a full night sleep the idea of Rex's laser being 100mW... doesn't make a lot of sense. 100mW is a LOT of power and the lasers rather... questionable... location (seriously, it's pretty much Rex's robo-youknowwhats heh) seems to imply it's main purpose is to be a defensive weapon soooo.... it makes little sense to place such a super powered laser in a location where it's mainly going to be shooting at lightly armored targets and not be able to take advantage of it's huge range (in all honesty they should of put a 50 cal there and put the laser ontop of Rex so it could shoot down missiles....) so I'm thinking it should probably be down graded to only 100 *Kilowatts* instead of *Megawatts*. That would drop damage down to 4d×5(2), range down to 16,000/48,000, weight down to a far more reasonable 300lbs without needing to use the super science option, drop ST to 41M, cost to $150,000 and power per shot down to 322kW.

I'm also having a hard time seeing Rex being able to mount a 700mm cannon given that Rex is only about 15 meters tall and it seems the 700mm thing only comes from secondary sources that stat it somehow shoots a airforce Advanced Cruise Missile... While I don't have the tools (or patience heh) to do an accurate scaling of the railgun I doubt it's much more then 200mm and in that case I'd just say use the 160mm railgun stated in More Ultra Guns and Heavy Weapons found in Pyramid 3/37.

Also lastly nuke damage is a bit off in RAW GURPS since... well... explosive damage is a bit off (originally HP were scaled differently when they were writing 4th edition and explosive damage was scaled to that, they then changed the scaling but didn't have the time to go back and change the explosive damage so they just stuck with it). As it stands explosives scale with the square root of the explosives weight while the should really scale with the cube root so if it matters I can rescale the nuke damage for ya.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote