View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 08:58 AM   #42
Jasonft

Default Re: Infinite worlds: The Earth of Shadowrun

(My apologies for any mangling of the story in question. Right about when this incident became official Canon was when I stopped reading the new sourcebooks...)

A minor but from the perspective of the IW powers important incident, and one that would *guarantee* the highest levels of interest and surveillance possible:

A Great Dragon was seen, and I think even filmed, coming out of (and manipulating?) a semi-permanent and probably inter dimensional Gate. This incident made the news planet-wide and could easily be picked up even by casual orbital surveillance that picks up news broadcasts.

I forget the name, but the death of Dunkelzhan (sp?) after he/ it became President left a literal hole in the Aether. There was a great deal of curiosity about said hole, especially as the Dragons weren't talking. A Dragon came through this hole FROM THE OTHER SIDE.

To the IW powers, this incident more than any others would make them crap their collective pants. It proves beyond a reasonable doubt that Dragons (at the very least Dragons, and possibly others) have extra-planar travel capabilities.

Once they realize just how capable Dragons are they might just nuke the whole planet if they think they could get away with it...
Jasonft is offline   Reply With Quote