View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 04:21 PM   #596
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: [RPM] Post your rituals here

Quote:
Originally Posted by X the Unknown View Post
Do I need to use Persistent in order to get the binding effect to continue to grab items that enter the area?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid #3/43: Thaumatology III, p. 15
As an optional rule, the GMmight allow rituals with the area of effect modifier but not the damage modifier to receive the benefits listed under the Persistent enhancements (p. B107) for +8 extra energy or Persistent and Drifting (p. B105) for +12 extra energy.
Quote:
If I use Bestows a Penalty in the ritual to lower any target's STrength that fails to resist the ritual will it effect subsequent rolls against STrength to break free? I think it will.
Yes.

Quote:
In the event that both rituals can work, what are people's feelings about allowing both: The first for STrengths lower than 20, the second for 20 and higher?
You don't add Binding as a separate trait like you did for v2. The Binding's skill is your Path skill and then you can pump it up using Bestows a Bonus.

Quote:
Without changing these from webs to something that already exists in the environment like vines, could some version of this ritual be a Lesser Create Matter effect?
Living vines, roots, etc. require Path of Body, dead ones use Path of Matter. See below:

Capturing Roots
Spell Effects: Lesser Control Body.
Inherent Modifiers: Bestows a Bonus, +5 to Binding Rolls.
Greater Effects: 0 (x1)

Animates a cluster of roots to stretch out and grab anyone nearby. Treat this as an area of effect binding attack with the roots having an effective ST of Path of Matter + 5. If the roots are reaching out laterally (from a wall or fence), targets may use active defenses. If the attack comes up from the ground, limit active defenses to parries with feet or a dodge at -3. This spell has no effect on sapient plants.

Typical Casting: Lesser Control Body (5) + Bestows a Bonus, +5 to Binding Rolls (12) + Area of Effect, 5 yards, excludes 12 allies (10) + Range, 10 yards (4) + Duration, 10 minutes (1) + Subject Weight, 1,000 lbs. (4). 25 energy (36x1).

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote