View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 10:19 PM   #1
X the Unknown

Default [RPM] Ritual Question: Create Working Dog

Hi all. Still relatively new to RPM and I'm still trying to determine how much or how little should be in a ritual. I have a player mage who would like to be able to create working dogs as needed and I can easily see this becoming more prevalent as his character grows and begins to cast greater power rituals.

Using Animalia in GURPS for its variety and specificity (http://panoptesv.com/RPGs/animalia/animalia.html), we get a number of dogs from small Ratters to large Guard Dogs, but all are under 100 lbs. The character has Animal Handling (Dogs) at 15 and has experience training a number of different types of working dogs.

Would the following ritual be sufficient to create any of the variety of dogs as long as they are under 100 lbs. (Greater Create Body), give them a standard dogs mind of IQ 4 (Lesser Create Mind), instills in them an IQ 4 level of training (Lesser Create Mind), and makes the caster part of their pack and the master (Lesser Control Mind)?

Create Working Dog
Spell Effects: Greater Create Body, Lesser Create Mind, Lesser Control Mind
Inherent Modifiers: None
Greater Effects: 1 (x3)

This ritual creates any type of trained working dog under control of the caster as long as it is less than 100 lbs., for 1 day.

Typical Casting: Greater Create Body (6) + Lesser Create Mind (6) + Lesser Create Mind: Training (6) + Lesser Control Mind (5) + Subject Weight: 100 lbs. (2) + Duration: 1 day (7)
Cost: 96 energy (32 x 3)

Last edited by X the Unknown; 02-21-2020 at 09:13 PM.
X the Unknown is offline   Reply With Quote