View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 09:12 AM   #16
Phantasm

Default Re: [SUPERS] My Unofficial Handbook to the DC Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandley View Post
Additionally, shouldnt Batman actually be _stronger_? Isnt he peak human, much like Captain America? That should put him at or even above 20. ST 16 is only as strong as 2.5 men, which is low for a super-vigilante. It is not impossible to find a ST 16 at most any gym you visit (note, they will NOT have Batmans DX though :) ).

HT 14 maybe needs some Hard to Subdue/Hard to Kill to back it up (yes, even with Very Fit), or to be bumped up a bit. At least the versions of Batman Im familiar with, he takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

And Batman isnt the poster child for Fast Gadgeteer that Reed Richards is, but he DOES build stuff far faster than just Gadgeteer... I do see your Bat Belt modular ability, but that is really for one offs. He builds and modifies his suit, car, plane, boat, etc all the time, and far faster than "months" no? Could be wrong.
Batman isn't among the strongest humans in the DCU, though his strength is greater than average. An ST in the 16-18 range seems about right for him, IMO. It's his ST + DX + HT + Advantages that gives him his edge. I'd be willing to give him additional Striking ST, though; he hits harder than his body ST would indicate. Striking ST +1 (ST 17) isn't going to do much; I'd put his Striking ST at 20+.

I agree with your points about Hard to Kill/Subdue. The man's had his spine broken, putting him in a wheelchair, and he managed to come back in top fighting form.

As for his gear, he has from time to time employed others to make gear for him or adapt technology from WayneTech's R&D department. And with today's rapid prototyping/3D printers, he can make parts faster than he could by hand. Maybe Fast Gadgeteer (Accessibility: Only When Adapting Others' Technology); he's not making new stuff from scratch, just using it in other manners.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote