View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 01:36 PM   #76
Tim Kauffman

Default Re: Survey: Top Priorities for Ogre VG Improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by AurochDigital View Post
Right so summarizing a lot of test and issues for brevity we've got the main areas of:[LIST][*]Ramps in/out of water - Technically a bug allowing Scenario Editor to place swap next to beach, but we decided to leave this in so people can play with it.
Thank You for this confirmation, and especially for leaving it in the game! I can't really see where it would be a bad thing to have kept in the game. It became a topic for a new terrain hex when it was discovered and made a Scenario possible that was a lot of fun iterating into something playable. Maybe it has enough merit to be made official someday.

I'll be iterating QUAGMIRE and republishing a final version soon Thanks to this news. I planned keeping it pulled because I didn't know what would come of this "bug" and the uncertainty it caused.

Quote:
We're using the 3D models as they are here. So what you're seeing in the export is what is in the game (though the other game lighting/rendering code impacts on it's look). We'd need to write a system to trace a line over the existing hex lines.
So, to confirm, the answer is no fix until more funding?

If so, and it will persist unfixed, please put a note somewhere letting people who are about to export maps know the hex lines lack the integrity they should have when printing a map.

Quote:
Given the resources we'd like to add everything that is/has been officially published for Ogre and a bunch of new idea. Sadly we don't have those resources.
Are Command Posts in the Scenario Creator not to be done until more funding is available? Just that "small" addition would really open up so many new Scenario possibilities.

Quote:
It's not a limitation on the engine, sorry if I gave that impression. The current engine could be made to do everything. Sure some areas of code would need updating etc. But the core framework can do it. All this can be done - with more time and money. That's sadly our limit.

Ok. Thanks for clarifying.

Quote:
It's going to take a while. I can't really give exact answers, but it's a while hence taking the time to make the statement.
So, there is hope then... :)

Quote:
We take part in Steam sales, there's been promotions with other re-sellers like Humble. We've done the competitions. We took part in the Steam board-game sale/promo recently. We're planning to do more streaming. But other things in the background. Steam remains a hard marketplace though. There is no easy route to exposure on Steam.

Awesome.

Quote:
Thanks for taking time to get me your thoughts :)
You're welcome, and Thank You for keeping those tread units rolling!

Thank You for all the effort continuing to go into the game. You have restored my enthusiasm.
You have a real gem here that just needs some polish and more funding to take it where we all know it can go.

Last edited by Tim Kauffman; 09-15-2018 at 01:45 PM.
Tim Kauffman is offline   Reply With Quote