View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 10:25 AM   #11
Prince Charon

Default Re: Young Character Adventure Seeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanMikal View Post
I posted before that one of my players has created a child character (25ish pts) in order to 'grow' the character organically, so that when it gets to 100ish points, it's a fully fleshed, well-known character that has a solid, confirmed backstory. I, personally, think this is a great idea, as it would lend itself quite beautifully to RP, even though it takes some time.

However, I've run into a wall. Since this is a younger character (10-11ish), I am having trouble figuring out what to /do/ with them. Clearly, a 'go slay this generic monster' run is a bad idea since the character only has 1 point in a combat skill - knife - because she helps out at the local butcher shop on the regular. Likewise, mysteries are out (a lack of investigation skills) and so on. So, any idea on what this young character could get into to give them some adventuring experience? I'll write her out below so you can see what I'm dealing with.
I'm sorry to say that my first thought on seeing the age was to check for Magery, and then suggest that a half-giant shows up with an invitation to a magic school. I'm not sure Caithness has those, though.

More seriously, children do have to deal with bullies, and doing so can form important life experiences, especially in a culture where the bullies can get away with things they couldn't in a modern Western culture, and so can the kids retaliating against them.

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.

Last edited by Prince Charon; 09-11-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote