View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 08:41 AM   #13
Rick_Smith

Default Lions - tail twitching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGregory View Post
Brutus is strolling thru the wilderness quite unaware when a lion sprints from behind (full MA) and pounces on him (since that is what lions do).

Would you house rule this as a hybrid shield rush, where the lion can (on a successful "to hit" knock Brutus to the ground and enter HTH despite having moved the full MA?

If not, would Brutus have the first attack (assuming he's strolling along at less than half his MA)?
Hi MGregory,
The key thing to me is that the lion has moved its full MA. To me that means it has over extended itself and has to wait until next turn to do anything.

However, if I wanted to house rule a few things...

--- Lions may spend 2 fatigue ST (for a 2 hex creature) and sprint. Lions when they sprint get a flat +6 MA. Thus they can go a bit further and still have moved half their MA or less which lets them attempt HTH.

--- I no longer let people go into HTH during the movement phase, unless you 'dive for the legs'. If you dive for the legs, you end up prone no matter what happens, and the "1 Die HTH Defence Roll" gets a +1 modifier. In my campaign in this situation, the Lion would dive for the legs, and enter HTH during movement.

In ItL page 61, it says that lions have an MA of 12. I think that this is too low. They are ambush predators which use sudden burst of speed to hunt. (That is why I suggest giving them +6 MA for short, sudden pounces.) So the main goal of a lion is to use stealth to creep quite close, then use a sudden burst of speed to end things.

Warm regards, Rick.
Rick_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote