View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 12:56 AM   #12
Skarg

Default Re: Running and Engaging

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGregory View Post
Brutus is strolling thru the wilderness quite unaware when a lion sprints from behind (full MA) and pounces on him (since that is what lions do).

Would you house rule this as a hybrid shield rush, where the lion can (on a successful "to hit" knock Brutus to the ground and enter HTH despite having moved the full MA?

If not, would Brutus have the first attack (assuming he's strolling along at less than half his MA)?
If I get to house-rule, I'd use something like the GURPS Flying Tackle rules and lion rules from GURPS Bestiary.

In TFT, I would refer you to page 15 of Advanced Melee, where it says "If the attacking figure is disengaged, this is a regular move." i.e. The lion gets to initiate HTH during movement, re-rolling any 6's.

In any case, I imagine Brutus was surprised and may not even have had his weapon out, so even if the Lion rolls a 5 and fails to enter HTH, Brutus is in trouble... only if he had a ready weapon, wasn't surprised, and hadn't lost initiative and moved first, would Brutus get a chance to turn around and attack the lion.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote