View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 05:19 PM   #1
Drakyrias

Default Marvel-DC World Building Help

I've recently embarked on running a 'street' level Supers game set in a crossover world drawing on elements of both DC and Marvel Universes.

Details already set in the game: The game is currently set in Nov 1996

Charles Xavier, Magneto, General William Striker, Amanda Waller, Bruce Wayne/Batman, Victor Zsasz (a version combining Arkham city and Gotham tv series), and Carmine Falcone all exist.

Nathaniel Essex/Sinister and the Court of Owls have been introduced in peripheral ways.

Mutants are not known about and widely the subject of tabloid reporting.

Stark Industries, Wayne Enterprises, Roxxon Energy, Trask Industries all exist as corporate entities.

The Game takes place in Gotham City.

I have stated that the son of Krypton and the speed force will not be present. These are primarily because of the god save issues that the Flash and Superman tend to present, and my personal dislike of Superman as a character. The Speed Force as well is an incredibly unbalancing force in a game setting in my opinion.

The only core cannon group from either universe I see as existing without any real tampering is the X men since they exist a a mutants training and protection group that primarily looks at the rest of even their own universe and tells it to shove off as often as not.

Batman is still in year one.

Nobody asked but my initial ideas for Captain America is that the public record is that he was a PR campaign and the victories credited to him and the Howling commandos are largely believed to be a propaganda campaign.

The game is still set in a heroes are unknown level of power.

I'm looking for help and inspiration with any and all cannon characters and team or group affiliations from either universe. (i. e. Dr. Fate and Dr. Strange etc) along with stat help. 3rd edition rules preferred but I'll backwards compatible if I like something.

Thanks!
Drakyrias is offline   Reply With Quote