View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 05:19 AM   #76
Polydamas

Default Re: Banestorm Navies

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
I don't recall ever criticizing it. I am currently using those rules.
Well, back in #70 you thanked Fred for giving you the page where Banestorm addresses modern Earth languages then said "It seems odd that Arabic gives a default on Akaddian in comparison though." I read that as criticizing the choices which the authors of Banestorm made, and implying that in a Banestorm campaign a transported Assyriologist would have an advantage in learning the local Arabic in Al Wazif.

But Pyramid #3/54 "Speaking in Tongues" is one work by one author which offers one set of choices about where to set the balance between realism and fictional conventions, and Banestorm is another work by other authors which offers another set. Just like Tactical Shooting and Gun Fu!

SJ Games does not force one set of choices on all works by all authors, because the right choices for a pulp game about treasure hunters and Lovecraftian horrors are different from the right choices for a "slice of life in the Old West" game.

This forum got less aggravating when I started using the ignore feature

Last edited by Polydamas; 10-30-2016 at 05:22 AM.
Polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote