View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 10:34 AM   #9
transmetahuman

Default Re: Plastic-Man builds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
The Body Alteration power on p. 123 of GURPS Powers might also prove useful. I'd recommend Morph (Improvised Forms, +100%; Unlimited, +50%), Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction), Stretching, and enough Modular Abilities (Focus-Limited, Body Alterations Only, -10%; Physical Only, +50%) to cover such incidentals as Chameleon, Constriction Attack, Hermaphromorph, Slippery, and extra body parts (like Extra Arms) with Switchable. I'd also toss in Double-Jointed, because it's cheap.
Of course this depends on the player's concept, but the comic book Plastic Man and Reed Richards couldn't change their skin tone, mass, DNA, or internal workings. For the Ultimate Mr. Fantastic, someone finally wondered how circulatory, respiratory, digestive, etc. systems worked in a guy who could squeeze through thin cracks, and decided he had an almost homogenous (IIRC), boneless, squishy, all-purpose mass of distributed pseudo-flesh interior. In any case, rubber types [unlike unlimited improvised Morph] generally can't replicate the internal workings of toasters, refrigerators, or for that matter the venom of snakes, webbing of spiders, or even the tough hide of a lizard. I don't remember any of them having enough control to replicate fingerprints, retinas, etc. either, but that's up to you and your player.

Your player might want to add Mass Conservation, Flawed (skin tone, DNA), and maybe a higher valued variant of Unliving Forms Only (all in Powers) that prevents you from taking on the specialized organs of your improvised form, *and* prevents you from becoming different materials like the metal of that toaster.

Last edited by transmetahuman; 07-19-2020 at 10:37 AM. Reason: typo
transmetahuman is offline   Reply With Quote