View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 12:54 PM   #55
Daigoro

Default Re: [GAME] Conceive a Cross Dimensional Fantasy Milieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Metal has always been scarce on Fragment, and on the mother plains as well for that matter, so access to metal is key to the Calledron empire's well being.
Note that calledronite can be somewhat worked like iron, though not melted. I imagine that imperial weapons initially benefitted from this, but they shifted to trade as regular metals became more available, and used comparative advantage to focus on higher value uses for calledronite afterwards.

Quote:
EDIT: Over the week end I doodled some artwork inspired by Ton. I'm not a great artist, and the work is pretty stylized, but here it is:
The hanging city of Ton
I almost missed this. Are you working on one of Fragment?
Quote:
That's workable, but be sure to remember the capabilities of Calledronian Mages and Archmages when planning things out. They're not generalists: they have a very specific set of abilities, and while they can't summon elementals, control the weather, or detect enemies from afar, but flying up the mouth of a waterfall with an air bubble is very much in the power-set of an archmage.
If it helps, I described the way it worked as "other times the sky above the crater [filling] with silent explosions like puffing dandelions as a significant mass is ported through," hinting that it works by teleporting rather than opening a contiguous physical connection like other portals.

Sorry, no full answers from me at the moment, maybe tomorrow.
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote