View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #34
Nosforontu

Default Re: Ravens N' Pennies - GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
That's a valid way of doing that, but if I were doing this. I would figure out the point cost using Control (Magic). Let's say "Vampire Magic" is a Occasional category, so 15 points. The vampire can only affect himself, not others. So that's a +0% modifier. You'd need 6 levels to reduce the Greater Effects multiplier by a level, so 90 points Then I'd treat it as a alternate ability of the template itself. So assuming the template costs over 90 points this ability would then be worth 18 points. I'd round that up to 20 and call it a Unusual Background (Vampiric Magic). Include that on the template and you've got a real justification for being able to do crazy awesome vampiric magic stunts on the cheap.

I like it so far it seems to be hitting the right button for me since really once you drop x hundred points on being a vampire the fact that you can occasionally turn yourself into a lich instead as a spell does not seem all that powerful an effect (assuming of course the lich template is equal to or less than the vampire template).

I supect that I will need to play around with enhancements/limitations a bit and to make sure it covers everything that I need it to but it sounds like a good base mechanic to represent what I want.
Nosforontu is offline   Reply With Quote