View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 08:33 AM   #19
swordtart

Default Re: What products for a semi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter View Post
LR Metal/FP Plastic Armor: F, L, R: 10/10; B: 6/10; T: 8/10; U0/30.
Yikes. Don't take this onto any rough roads (and they are all rough roads).

I'd loose the windjammer (or armour at least), it's just one more thing to get damaged and it diminishes your main armour budget. PU's are cheap, armour repairs are expensive and take time. If you had lost 3 points of 40 you might risk it. With so few points of armour you are going to have to make repairs as soon as you suffer any damage.

Front arcs on rigs are pathetic, you are better relying on your trailer front turret. Your best front facing weapon is bumper spikes as D6 x DM will destroy most things that can be destroyed by twin RR's.

Bob-tailing is a unnecessarily dangerous activity in CW but if you can't bear to have your tractor unarmed don't delude yourself that the tractor will be offensively useful with just front weaponry. If you are in that situation then your back armour is available to target and will be ripped through by even a basic 2D weapon (and serious truck hunters don't use basic 2d weapons). If you must, carry some MML's to deter pedestrian road blocks, or better just pay the $100-$1000 toll. In my experience it is usually far less than the costs of replenishing ammunition and repairing the damage suffered trying to avoid it (and that is how the road blockers calcuate the right rate to charge).

I wouldn't bother with gunners in the tractor (or their computers), they can go in the trailer where there is more space and weight for them. You might want a back-up driver in a gunner's seat for flexibility, but if you put FP CA round the drivers compartment and give him IBA you probably won't need one. You will then also have several hundred pounds to add some more plastic armour.

Loose the LB as if your plant is dead then so are you (you will have been breached and rolling to a stop). If it is there for the increased your mileage range if you are using radar the whole time you would be better off by recharging more frequently at minimal cost and putting FP CA round the plant instead.

Given you have FP armour you are really only going to burn from internal hits. You would be better using the weight dedicated to fire prevention on reducing the chance of internal hits in the first place (i.e. 9 points more armour?).

If you are paranoid about fire, for the weight of a FE and LB you could instead have a dedicated passenger firefighter in the cab with a PFE* and FP suit (in addition to the back-up driver and the driver having one). Each gets to roll seperately which makes your chance of extinguishing better than the FE (70% vs 50%). If you give everyone but the driver a vehicle affecting weapon (AVR, AR or even SMG) plus paint grenades you also gain some side arc fire support (and if you have a passenger they may as well be a Hangunner-2 passenger). This weighs overall a bit more than the FE & LB, but it adds a great deal of extra flexibility.

Note that you could loose the FE & LB in the trailer as well and give every gunner a PFE. In this case though the weight impact isn't as great so you might as keep the FE and give everyone a PFE as well (increasing the chance to put out the fire from 50% to 97% if 7 gunners each have a go).

*I can't recall if the PFE is one-handed or not. If so, under the extended personal carrying capacity rules you could put it into ABV and you wouldn't need to expend a firing action to ready it, making it as quick as a FE in all circumstances.
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote